Friday, June 25, 2010

Vacay fund


Ha! Because private jets are how I roll. :p I penny pinch with this blog just so I can afford that private jet...uh huh... :p

Anyway..

It's Friday so that means it's time to make a deposit to the vacay fund. In general, I didn't shop a whole lot this week so there wasn't much in terms of savings. The one place I did shop was at the grand opening of a grocery store and the savings were massive! My deposit today amounted to $80 with over $70 of that from the grand opening grocery trip.

2 comments:

  1. How do you figure out your savings on one trip? Just what the receipt says you saved? I'm too lazy to do much math :p

    Hey, didn't you say something about a Stride Rite sale? I was trying to find it but couldn't and can't remember the dates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seekingsibling - Yep there is a Stride Rite Outlet sale going on right now through July 12 - $14.99 athletic shoes & sandals. Details can be found here: http://cheaponinja.blogspot.com/2010/06/stride-rite-outlets-sale.html

    As for the savings, yep I usually go by what the receipt tells me. Unfortunately, both stores I shopped at today didn't do the tally for me so I ended up having to do the math myself, but only because I knew the savings were very significant. Otherwise I just guesstimate and round up.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. :)