Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Boing!

I'm so thrilled that my husband isn't afraid to use coupons because I send him to the store quite often. He's so much better at sticking to the list and not impulse shopping. (I don't think it's news that companies target women to market to because women are much more likely to impulse shop.) It's the end of the month and that's usually when a lot of coupons expire so I sent my husband to the store to use up some coupons for me, many of which were for free stuff (including the coupon for a free thing of Smart Ones from Monday's round 2 of Mailbox Love.) I'm sitting down with the receipt and I noticed something awesome:

With the coupons and grocery club card, he scored us $30 worth of groceries for $14.92. That's a 50% saving!

Yeah, I know coupons can be a lot of work sometimes but the savings are so worth it, especially when you pair them up with a sale...which reminds me: popchips are on sale at King Soopers/Kroger this week. Now would be a great time to use those free coupons they sent me. :D If you've never tried popchips before and you have a King Soopers near you, now would be a good time to try them since you can try flavors for the price of one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. :)