Saturday, June 19, 2010

Treat to self

You're probably aware I'm pretty addicted to Swag Bucks by now. I've been redeeming my Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards and I had enough to treat myself to a little guilt free shopping. I've always loved the game Mouse Trap and I really wanted to treat myself to it, but it wasn't on sale at all on Amazon, and you know me...I don't like buying things that are not on sale, even if it's just 25 cents off. (In fact, when I just now researched the game, I discovered that Hasbro has it through their own online store for $2 cheaper than Amazon. WTH?) Anyway, since it wasn't on sale, I thought I'd just keep an eye on it and buy it at another time when it is on sale. (Board games tends to go on sale right around the holidays but unfortunately, I haven't seen Mouse Trap on sale the past few years.)

Instead of treating myself to something, I ended up buying stuff that benefits the whole family. (So much for getting something that's just for me, eh?) Not that I wouldn't enjoy it, they are things that I've been wanting for a while, but it's just not something that's just for me. Then again, Mouse Trap wouldn't be "just for me" either, but I'd have a hell of a lot of fun locking myself in my room just building and playing with the trap like I used to do as a kid. :p

I ended up getting a cake decorating set and a popcorn popper...both for free and I still have enough gift card money left over to treat myself to Mouse Trap...should it ever go on sale. :)


(Click to enlarge)

2 comments:

  1. I got an air popper for Christmas and I LOVE it. I don't plan on buying microwave popcorn ever again!! It's so much better for you and it just tastes better. I do like that buttery flavor though so I need to find a good butter flavoring I can add.
    BTW, WTG on the swagbucks. I do it too but I haven't researched much as far as really raking in the bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove movie butter topping and wish I could make it at home. I'll just try to wing it and maybe Google some recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. :)