Friday, June 11, 2010

Swag Bucks


I have a confession:

I'm addicted to Swag Bucks.

I will admit that when I first signed up for it, I poked around a little and gave upon it because I was so confused. I didn't know what I needed to do to earn Swag Bucks for prizes like they claimed, other than spend money and that's just not how I roll.  I gave up on it for a month if not two until a savings blog I follow kept talking about it. That's when I figured it couldn't hurt to give it another shot and see what it was about. I mean, what's all this swag about anyway?

I took some time out and poked around trying to see just what I could do to earn a few of those elusive Swag Bucks.  I checked out the FAQ, poked around and figured there was no harm in following them on Twitter. Within a few hours, they posted a hint to a code on Twitter, I figured out the clue, and voila, I was rewarded with Swag Bucks. The rest was history and I was hooked once I started earning them.  I think that was around the beginning of May.  By mid May, I'd won and accrued enough Swag Bucks to cash in for some Amazon gift cards.  Two of them to be exact.  When I received them and plugged the codes into my Amazon account and they worked, I knew for sure then that Swag Bucks was legit and not a scam.  I've been helplessly hooked ever since.

They run a lot of promos to help you get Swag Bucks.  I watch a lot of their ads (videos on the front page in the yellow rectangular sliding box) I follow them on Twitter and Facebook so I'm up to date on where they've hidden codes and participate in their code hunts (where they provide clues and you have to figure out the riddle to get the code) and I also check their Swidget.  Of course, I use their search engine which is one of the most popular ways to earn Swag Bucks. It all adds up.  They just wrapped up a week of beaucoup Swag Bucks with some huge wins each day.  Admittedly I had rotten luck most of the week until Thursday when I snagged this searching for the contact info for Orajel so that I could write them an email about a product I'm having issues with. (I'll follow up with that when I hear more from Orajel.)


Not too bad for having a crappy week of wins.  That was one of my biggest wins ever. (I had a 49 last month.)  That, along with their newly launched Trusted Surveys, net me enough to score another Amazon gift card, making my total of 3 of them just in the month of June so far. Needless to say, I'm quite happy and can't wait till the 17th when they issue the codes so I could go do some shopping. :)

If you follow me on Twitter, you can get a glimpse of how often I win by searching. I don't always post every win because quite frankly, that's annoying, but I do post with some...usually the big wins or if I haven't won in a while and it's celebratory for me. :)

2 comments:

  1. I heard about this (and your blog) from the bump! I've signed up for Swag Bucks... but I'm really confused. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chloe :)
    I will admit, Swag Bucks can be very confusing to start with. I hope I can help you out a bit. :)

    First - their search engine. At the top of their main page is a search bar. Use it like you would use any other search engine like Google or Yahoo. Not every search will net you Swag Bucks, but some searches will. I find that I get Swag Bucks from searching on average of once very 6-8 hours or so, but sometimes more often than that. Basically, whenever I need to search something, I do my searches in Swag Bucks first, and if that doesn't yield the results I want, I use Google.

    There are some more sure fire ways to get Swag Bucks too such as Trusted Surveys, Daily Polls and No Obligation Offers. Trusted Surveys & No Obligation Offers can be found by hovering over the "Ways to Earn" button on the very top of the front page. (No Obligations Offers are found under "Special Offers" of the "Ways to Earn" button.) Daily Polls are found on the left side of the screen on the main page. Clicking through all 3 of those options will net you 1 Swag Buck each so you're basically getting a minimum of 3 Swag Bucks each day if you just do those 3 things.

    If you scroll a little further down on the main page, you'll see a yellow banner type area. Click on the arrows to scroll through that area and look for any video ads that may be available to you. They're indicated with a blue circle with a white arrow in the middle of it. Once you view those ads, whatever that ad is worth will be added to your Swag Bucks points. Sometimes there are none, sometimes there are a few so I go through that a couple of times a day.

    Also, if you have a Facebook and Twitter account, follow Swag Bucks. They give hints and clues on how to find Swag Bucks quite often on those medias. They don't do it so much on weekends, but quite a bit on weekdays. There's also the toolbar that you can install, but I'll admit, I haven't done that. They often post codes on their toolbars as well. Once you find a code (and they are case specific) you just enter it into the space where it says "Enter your Swag Code" and click the "Gimme" button on the front page. It'll alert you if you've successfully entered a valid code and credit you right away.

    I hope that helps. :) I know Swag Bucks can be pretty confusing at first, but once you figure it out, it can be pretty addicting. I find it to be one of the most rewarding survey/money sites. Good luck! Feel free to holler if you have any further questions. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. :)