Sunday, June 27, 2010

BzzAgent Review: got2b smooth operator lustre lotion


I've been a BzzAgent for a few years now and when I first signed up, I got frustrated with them because each time I'd get notification that I qualify for a campaign, I go to sign up for it and it's already all gone. I try to be fast about it, but the truth is, I have a life outside of the Internet, but there were many times when I'd log on as soon as I got the email, the campaign was already full. So I got frustrated and quit until recently. I signed up for the got2b smooth operator hair care product campaign and qualified. Soon they sent me samples of the lustre lotion to try, and bzz about which I actually liked quite a bit. It was fragrant but not so much that it singed my nose hairs. The fragrance lasted too. The coolest thing though was that it actually made my coarse hair silky soft. Overall, I enjoyed the product.

Here's a bit of a moral puzzle/dilemma for you:

Part of my Bzz Kit contained a bunch of coupons, one of which was for a free bottle of lustre lotion or mousse. Upon reading the fine print, it said the coupon was BOGO and not totally free so I decided to not use it since I had no need for it and didn't feel the desire to spend the money to buy one bottle just to get one free. A few weeks later I got an email from BzzAgent saying that the coupon was misprinted, that it should be for a free bottle, not BOGO and the bar code on the coupon should ring up properly. If it didn't I could fill out a survey to let them know. Based on that, I used the coupon at a national chain drugstore. Behold, it wouldn't ring up at the register. The cashier looked at the product, the coupon and verified that I got the right thing but she didn't read the fine print that said BOGO. She called the manager over and the manager did the same thing so the manager told the cashier to just ring it up as zero dollars. While I'm grateful that both the cashier and manager went the extra mile to give me the product for free, part of me feels bad and feels like I took advantage. I tried to fill out the survey to report my experience using the coupon but I never got the opportunity to tell them my exact experience in that I only got the product for free because the store employees were generous enough to just override their system without reading the fine print. I'll never know if the barcode was really programmed properly or not. (I ended up writing an email to BzzAgent's campaign manager explaining my coupon experience in hopes it can be avoided next time.)

Would you feel bad about the coupon situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. :)