Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mailbox Love

Not much in the form of mailbox love today. I got the July, 2010 issue of Parents magazine, and a bunch of solicitation junk.

A little observation and rant:

I think State Farm really really really wants my business because just today alone I received 2 solicitation letters from 2 different State Farm agents. I know these are rough times for everyone and I know agents need to get their names out to get business, but I'm less likely to give them my business if they keep sending me junk. In fact, I get several solicitation letters from State Farm in any given month and they're all from different agents!  Frankly, I don't have the time or patience to contact each agent to ask them to stop mailing me stuff so here's my confession: I throw them straight in the trash and they're a waste of money for those agents who send them out.  I wish there was a good way to market to new prospective clients, but for me, sending me junk is a sure fire way to turn me off.

Edited:

I went back through my mail again to discover that I got some Protection One Child Safety Tattoos!  The little envelope that it came in was sandwiched between a bunch of junk mail. It was a good thing I went through it again.  I'm so excited to get these. I can't wait to try them out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. :)