Thursday, June 24, 2010

Update: Medco Health Store

Remember I was a bit skeptical about Medco Health Store and their awesome deals? Well, the old adage of "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" rang true.

I checked on my order this afternoon, it was listed as processing and I was optimistic. Then my source made a post about how many people's orders were being canceled so I checked on mine just now. Behold, the order was canceled. I was annoyed, but no where near as annoyed and pissed as I was when I got off the phone with their customer service to see what was going on.

(Click to enlarge)

I was informed that they canceled orders because too many people were taking advantage of their deals so they canceled them. (Reminds me of Target's Fizzbin method, who have been known to change the rules of their sales, coupons, and deals on the spot if they feel too many people are taking advantage of them and customers are making out like bandits.) I even specifically asked “so you’re basically canceling orders of people who were giving you their business and getting too good of a deal?”

"Too many people were taking advantage of the deals and making too many of our items to go out of stock," she replied, trying to dodge the question.

"All but ONE item was clearly marked as in stock when I placed my order, why shouldn't my order be filled as promised when I provided you with my credit card info, which you now possess?" I argued. "I even received an email confirmation stating the items were in stock."

I got no where. I got no better answer. Personally, I don't think that is any way to run a business. Some people got their orders shipped, some didn't. How they decided whose order to cancel, I don't know, but needless to say, I'm annoyed and miffed. I'm not so much miffed that I didn't get some stellar deals, though I would've loved to and would've not only given them my continued repeat business, but I would've raved about them to everyone I know...or don't know. I am mostly miffed that they now possess my credit card info and considering the experience I've had with them (this was my first ever experience with them) they are on my "I do not trust" list. Do I doubt their legitimacy? I don't know...probably not, but I can't personally vouch for it either considering my one and only experience with them turned out to be a dud that never came through. I can't exactly tell you folks, my readers, "hey, Medco is great, they had great deals, and I got my order, look!" like I had wanted to and intended to.

It was a good thing I used a temporary credit card number provided by my bank, (I love those things!) so I've went in and closed out that card number so that it can't be used anymore, but still, it's a pain. As bummed as I am about not getting my order and not scoring some awesome deals, I have no doubt I will get over it and I'm not going to miss my order. It's a'ight. I don't really think I'm the one missing out here.

I apologized to the customer service rep I spoke with for being really annoyed, even though I did my absolute best to keep my cool. I fully understand that she's caught in the middle and put in a tough position where she's dealing with all sorts of angry customers...or in my case, potential and former customer, yelling at her. I don't think she needs it from me. However, I made it very clear to her that I hope she'll consider showing my distaste and distrust of Medco to her management especially considering this was my first experience with them. You know what they say, first impressions are lasting ones. I made it clear to her that I do not trust her company with my personal information including my address and credit card info. I hope she will pass it onto management. I hope they'll care. I'm not optimistic though.

Oh yeah, and remember my request to have the backorder shipping cost waived? I received an email this morning informing me that my order was past the editing phase (as in they were processing it) so they couldn't waive the fee, but they put a $1.99 credit on my account...I guess they decided to pull out the Fizzbin card and mass cancel people's orders? I find the credit comical now because I see it sitting on my account....one that I do not have intentions of using in the future because my confidence and trust in them is non existent. Thanks, I guess?

So to my readers, if you tried to take advantage of the deal, I hope it works out for you. If not, I apologize for getting you excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. :)