Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The tale of two snack companies - Pt. 2 - The case of New Friends

In continuation of this post, I emailed the company who makes popchips for the same exact reason. In fact, I was totally lame-spice about it and reused the same email I used to write Pirate Booty with minor, appropriate editing:

From: [redacted]
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 10:04 PM
To: snackers
Subject: PopChips in bulk

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'd like to say that my family and I absolutely love PopChips. We love it so much that we can easily go through a Costco bulk pack in just a couple of days. To that end, is there any consideration for distributing bulk packs of PopChips to Costco again? I haven't seen any in the Denver, Colorado area Costcos in about a year now, and we're deeply saddened by this. When I asked a manager at Costco, he was unable to offer me any info. Please consider distributing PopChips to Costco again. It's really difficult and non economical to buy smaller packages at retail prices for my family. Thank you.

N. L.


This morning, I got a prompt response from popchips:

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 8:37 AM,
snackers@popchips.com wrote:

hi there n.

we're definitely working with costco to get them back in. so thanks for asking for them - they really do listen to their members. we'll keep you posted. in the meantime, we'll send a couple coupons your way so you can enjoy a few bags . . .on us.

thanks for being a fan, and happy snacking!

your (new) friends at popchips

p.s. you might also check-out our online store. you can buy popchips by the case at a really good price :)


*
*
*
*
*
*
*

That's me being shocked silent. Yeah, it doesn't happen often, but the superior service from popchips managed to do that to me. I'd read the email response from Pirate Booty first, so when I read popchip's response, I felt like a celebrity knew my name! I wanted to run in the streets shouting, "THEY KNOW MY NAME! THEY KNOW MY NAME!" Really, I was just happy they got my name right, which meant they actually read my email and paid attention to details, but to offer me coupons? That's superior service and has locked me in as a fan and friend! Not to mention they've earned my loyalty for just taking some time to care. Bravo, popchips! I'm not even gonna wait for the coupons to come, I'm sending my husband to the store to get some now, "single serving size bags" (that's what we call the normal retail bags) be damned. BBQ popchips, momma's comin' for ya! (Oh, and yes, I know how to use the store locator. :D popchips, I know where you are. *devilish grin*)

1 comment:

  1. I've asked about Pop chips (based on your recommendation earlier this year) at Costco too. It was early Spring I was told they might come back for Summer but I haven't seen any at my local Costco yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. :)