Thursday, June 17, 2010

Size does matter

We went grocery shopping last night and since it's been a while since I bought yogurt, I decided to get some. My kids wanted GoGurt.  I didn't mind, so we went to the dairy case and snagged a box.  There were 2 sizes on the shelf: a smaller box with the unit price of 12.9 cents, and the larger box of 13.8 cents.

Uh ok?  I thought you pay less if you buy more?

Sorry bub, that's soooooo yesterday.  Now the trend is buy more pay more.  Is it true? Have stores caught on to consumers thinking that if they buy more they pay less?

Needless to say, the cheapo in me snagged the smaller box with the cheaper unit price. Thanks to my husband, who taught me to check the unit price when price comparing, I caught on to the store's scheme to get me to spend more.  Lesson to be learned here: check the unit price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. :)