Friday, June 11, 2010

Vacation fund update

I may have saved a lot last month, but it's taught me an important lesson: money that isn't cash needs to be deposited into the "no touch vacation account" right away or it will be spent. And it did. So this month, I'm doing something a little different. I'm making weekly deposits. I've chosen each Friday as my vacation fund pay day...starting with today.

I didn't have a big shopping week this week. In fact, I spent very little money and hardly bought anything. (That's a good thing, right?)  So, my savings from purchases and stuff were pretty small...just $15 and some change so I rounded my deposit up to $16.

Here's the break down:
$8.50 - Costco coupons
$5.00 - Opinion Outpost payment
$1.53 - misc grocery & hobby discounts

So there it is, the money is sent, gone, locked away, no touchy, no spendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. :)