Friday, June 18, 2010

Recipe: Grilled Bruschetta Chicken w/Homemade Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing

I know that recipes doesn't exactly jive with the theme of this blog, but this recipe was just too 'smack yo momma good' to not share with you...or at the very least, note for myself. :)

Grilled Bruschetta Chicken w/Homemade Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1/4 cup Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing, divided (recipe to follow)

Directions:
Heat grill to medium heat.

Marinade chicken with 2 Tbsp. of dressing. Refrigerate 10 min. or even better - overnight!

Place chicken on grill; cover with lid. Grill 6 min...depending on thickness of chicken.

Turn chicken over. Grill, covered, grill 8 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF).

Adapted from Kraft.

Serve over a bed of whole wheat pasta, topped with diced Roma tomatoes (on sale!), some of the remaining Sun-Dried Tomato Dress and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.


Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
Yield: Makes about 3 1/2 cups

Ingredients:
1 small onion, chopped (1 cup)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 large garlic cloves, peeled
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1 8-ounce jar oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
freshly ground black pepper
olive oil

Directions:
Toss ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.  Drizzle olive oil (eye ball it) until desired amount.  (I usually don't use more than 1/8 of a cup, I don't like my dressings oily and greasy.)  Blend again until smooth. 

Adapted from Epicurious.

Enjoy!


Tips:
I butterfly my boneless skinless chicken breasts.  That makes it cook faster, thus using less propane/energy to cook. Another side benefit of this is, it also tricks my brain into eating less. It's portion control.  It makes the meat go farther, and I spend less on buying meats, which is the costliest thing on my grocery list.  (And greener too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. :)