Friday, September 17, 2010

Did I have a money maker at Rite Aid?

I'd forgotten to snag a few things at Rite Aid last night so I went back there today. It was a good thing I did, because I think I have a money maker situation.

I dug through my coupons last night and came up with a few of them I could match up at Rite Aid so I took them with me. Here's what I scored:

(Keep in mind, purchases were made with the W+** card.)

Crest 3D White toothpaste - $2.99
$0.75 coupon from Sunday ads (I believe it was the 9/12 Smart Source)
Paid: $2.24
$1.50 + UP Reward*** earned (I don't think this was mentioned in the ad, I was surprised to get it. The deal is, if you buy $30 worth of specific P&G products you get a $10 +UP Reward, but I don't think the ad mentions you get anything for buying Crest, yet the $1.50 +UP Reward I got was for Crest.)
$2.00 SCR* #54
Final cost: $1.26 money maker!

Reese's Pieces - $2.99
$0.50 coupon from Sunday ads (I believe it was the 9/12 Smart Source)
Paid $2.49
$1.00 +UP Reward earned
Final cost: $1.49

Out of pocket amount due: $4.73
$3 +UP Reward from last night's purchases used
$1 +UP Reward from last night's purchases used

Total: $0.73
Used free $5 gift card from this promo : entire order free

The toothpaste was a $1.26 money maker. If you factor in my gift card usage, my purchases was a $1.99 money maker, not including tax.

I am, a happy bargain hunter. :)

Terminologies:
* SCR = Single Check Rebate - Rite Aid's rebate program.
** W+ = Wellness + - Rite Aid's loyalty program
*** +UP = +UP Rewards - Rite Aid's promo coupon program

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I would love to get in on more of those kind of deals but I get so confused with the SCR and other rewards, lol. Plus, I'd have to plan a special trip into town, when I don't have kids, and that isn't easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph - I know Rite Aid deals can be SO confusing. I even had a RA manager comment about it. I will put up a Rite Aid deals tutorial very soon. Hopefully that'll help my readers better understand how to score a great deal there. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. :)