Sunday, August 1, 2010

Organizing samples


For the longest time, I just threw my samples haphazardly into a bathroom counter organizer but it really wasn't working well. It would hold the flat samples fine, but the bottles, not so much. A few days ago, while at Walmart, I came across these plastic shoe boxes. They were $5 for a pack of 6 boxes with lids and I'd originally got them to organize my cake decorating stuff, but since I had some left over, I decided to use them for my samples. It's working out great! Most of the samples I have are toiletries anyway so I have them organized now...much more than it shows in the picture...I just threw that together for the pic op. I have them flat organized by shampoo/conditioners, bottles, and lotions. It worked out great until my clumsy husband knocked them off the counter before I got a chance to find a spot for the boxes. *sigh* I guess it's back to square one, but at least I have a spot for them and a system. :)

I don't really have an organizational system for food and other edible samples I get because those never last in the house. With kids, a husband, and dogs, I'm lucky if I even get to see it long enough to post about them on Mailbox Love, but with toiletry samples, I do hang on to them for a little while, especially shampoos and conditioners. I find the samples are the perfect size for travel so I hang on to them for such occasions or when we have guests, or if momma is just too plain lazy to get around to restocking, I have something handy to tide us over.

If you're a samples junkie like me, do you have an organizational system for your samples? What is it like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. :)