Sunday, August 1, 2010

Review: Denver Post ad package

(Click to enlarge)

Remember my post about the Denver Post having a new program where they will deliver just the ads and coupons for free? First of all, I'd like to apologize because I got the program name wrong. As you can see in the picture, the program name is actually called YES! (short for Your Essential Shopper) not Perks like I'd originally thought.

Second, today is August 1st which means it's the first day of the program delivery. I was SO excited about it that I couldn't wait to tear into my bag of goodies. Unfortunately, I was sorely disappointed. As you can see in the pictures, there are no coupons. What you see in the picture, an Ulta ad, USA Weekend Magazine, Parade Magazine, Kohls ad, and another general ad was pretty much all that was in the delivery. (There was also a plumber's magnet, and Safeway ad that didn't make it in the shot but it's really nothing to write home about since I get grocery ads, including Safeway in the mail every Tuesday anyway.) That's it. No coupons at all like I was told...twice...once in the voice mail they left me and again when I called to inquire about the program. At first I thought, well maybe there weren't any coupons in this week's paper. It happens. Well, according to Sunday Coupon Preview, that's not the case. In fact, there were TONS of good coupons in the paper today. What a ridiculous let down. I'm so annoyed and I feel like I just got a bunch of trash. I think I'll give it one more week. If next week's delivery is suckage, I'm going to cancel my 'subscription.'

1 comment:

I love hearing from my readers. :)