Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lego VIP Rewards


A couple of weeks ago we took the kids to the Lego store to attend an event. While there, we got suckered into buying a couple of sets of Legos for the kids (read: for me) and joined their VIP program.  I knew about the program and thought I'd previously joined, but I guess not since I couldn't find my VIP card and they couldn't find me in their system. I went back today to get a card and to get my points credited. (They told me that I could bring my card in along with my receipt to have them credit it the next time I was in, and since I apparently didn't have a card, they just gave me one.)  I'd purchased 2 Lego sets which came to about $75. (Dang those things are expensive!)  So I started off with 75 points in my account. For registering the VIP card online (which you must do in order to redeem your rewards), they gave me 25 points.  That right there was enough for me to get $5 off my next Lego purchase.  However, they gave me a card inviting me to take a survey about the Lego event we went to, and the survey was worth 10 points. Add today's purchase, and we've racked up a good amount of points.  Boy those points add up!

If you have a Lego fanatic in the family or know one, and if you have a Lego Store in your area, it's a good idea to purchase your Legos in a Lego Store. Here's why: you can only get VIP points when you purchase your Legos through their brick & mortar store or online store.  I just recently noticed that not even mass merchandisers like Walmart and Target have cheaper prices.  Their prices were pretty much identical to the Lego Store, so my guess is that Lego sets a firm retail price for their products.  At that point, why not shop at the Lego Store and get points so you can get a discount?  But that is not to say you shouldn't keep an eye out for sales, ads and promos. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. :)