Sunday, May 30, 2010

3 hours + migraine later

I knew I desperately needed to reorganize the storage tubs of clothes I had stuffed in the closet. They were a mess. I knew there were clothing in there that I can use right now that I can't even access because of the mess. I also knew I didn't want to mess with the tubs now when it was 90 degrees of grumpy, sweltering heat. I knew all that. I even said I was going to reorganize everything come Fall when I had to swap out clothing again, but today, I caved. I desperately needed to find some long lost tank tops that I wasn't sure if I still had or if I'd donated to Haiti and I didn't even know where to start among the 3 massive bins of clothing. On a wild guess I just picked one and went with it. As luck would have it, the first bin contained the tank tops I was looking for, buried deep in the abyss of clothes I'd haphazardly thrown in there over the past 2-3 seasons. By that time, I'd have the entire contents of the giant tub, intended for several comforters, dumped out so I might as well go for broke and organize it. Long story short, three hours later, I'd purged and organized two large tubs of clothes, had a migraine, and saved myself over $30 by unearthing the tank tops I needed, plus some other stuff I thought I had but wasn't sure about. If you factor the uncertain articles of clothing in, I actually saved myself close to $50. $50, not factoring tax, divided by the 3 hours I put into it, I pretty much paid myself $16.67 an hour. Eh, not too shabby. :)

Now I just need to find the motivation to go through that last tub of clothes and purge some stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. :)