Friday, July 16, 2010

The Coup de Gras


Our dvr service was up for renewal this month and for the past 2 months, I've been getting emails reminding me to renew, otherwise they'd start charging me the pricier monthly option. (We prepaid to get savings.) But I intentionally put it off until the very last minute because I don't believe in giving people my money in advance until I absolutely have to. My money in my pocket is better than in someone else's. My procrastination paid off. I got an email promo that saved me $300 in renewal charges! Needless to say, I took advantage of that saving. :)

Today is also a vacay fund deposit day.  If you've been following my blog this week, I've had some pretty good luck at Rite Aid lately.  That amounts to a pretty good amount of savings.  I'm due some rebates back from Rite Aid, but I haven't requested the check yet so I don't count those savings. (Kind of like not counting my chicks before they hatch type of deal.)

Here's a break down of free money & savings for the last 9 days:

$10 Amazon gift cards from Swag Bucks
$5 from misc survey
$24 savings from Rite Aid
$35 savings from various stores & coupons


Total: $74
Add the dvr renewal savings: $374!  That's a huge chunk of change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. :)