Monday, November 18, 2013

Kroger Skillet Meals



Like most families these days, mine gets super busy with crazy weeknight schedules. While I like to prepare food from scratch and ensuring my family eats nutritious meals, the truth is, I don't always have the time to. Admittedly, we've been getting a lot of frozen skillet meals lately because they're just flat out cheaper than take out and drive thru plus it's healthier as well.

I recently had the opportunity to try out Kroger's Skillet Meals from BzzAgent and picked the Sesame Chicken with Brown rice to try. First I will say it's super easy to make and fast. Just 10 minutes and my family had a fairly wholesome good meal to eat. That's the good part. The down side is, the packages are small. I have a family of four, two of which are kids. I had to buy and make 3 packages of the Skillet Meals in order to have enough for everybody. At just under $6 a pop, that adds up to just under $18 to feed my family of four. Which really, isn't all that terrible, considering that's about how much we'd spend at McD's and these Skillet Meals are far healthier.

Visually, it looks nothing like take out Sesame Chicken, but it's edible. In fact, we were all so ravenous about it that I forgot to take a picture for this review and for BzzAgent. I am looking forward to trying other varieties though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. :)